How to Measure your Gown Size
- Measure with under garment similar to what you will be wearing with your wedding dress do not measure over clothing.
- Ensure measuring tape is parallel to the floor.
- Do not measure to firmly on your body.
- Determine the right size wedding dress as this is your responsibility. If you have any questions, please contact us before making a purchase and we guide you (we are here to help).
- Alterations on the hemline will be required once you receive your wedding gown. Ensure you wear your wedding shoes for this alteration.
- Silk Brides will not be responsible for any costs for any alterations or alteration outcome (please ensure you select a highly qualified and experienced seamstress for any alterations).
When to Order your Gown
- Orders should be placed 14 to 20 weeks from the required date. We recommend an order as soon as possible to allow enough time for shipping and alterations.
- All wedding gowns purchased online are shipped 6 to 10 weeks from the date of purchase.
- To place an order, please have your measurement, colours and style ready.
- Once the order is placed and confirmed, the sale and order is ‘final’.
Terms and Conditions for Online Purchases
- Shipping date is approximately 6 to 10 weeks from the date of purchase.
- Freight and insurance is included in the price of the wedding gown.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars and we reserve the right to change any advertising prices at any time.
- Due to limited editions of gowns, quality control of all wedding gowns is an utmost importance to Silk Brides reputation. Due to Silk Brides very high standards, we guarantee that the wedding gown that you are purchasing will be to your satisfaction. We take special care to package your gown so it will arrive to you in pristine condition.
- Please select carefully, as once a gown has been paid for, made to your order and received as specified, you will not be eligible for a refund or exchange (exceptions to this are at discretion of Silk Brides management).
- By signing for and accepting delivery, you are acknowledging that the gown has arrived in good condition. If the package is damaged in any way, please inspect the contents prior to signing for it.
- All gowns will be made to your order. Please choose carefully as Silk Brides has limited stock available.
- All orders will be confirmed within 7 working days via email or telephone.
- We want all of our customers to be 100% satisfied with their order. If you have any questions or problems, please contact us. Open communication will resolve most problems. Enjoy shopping at Silk Brides.
- All materials used in the wedding gowns are of the highest quality. Fabric swatches can be provided on request.
- All wedding gowns are made in Australia by the most qualified and experienced professionals.